Sunday, November 16, 2008

Corn Pudding

So I was trying to find something a little on the Thanksgiving side for this week's recipe and found that most of my recipes are pretty basic and un-original. Then I remembered this one! The food guidelines for food storage can be found here and point out how we should have 30 lbs. of corn meal (or un-ground corn) per adult. But wow! That's a lot of cornbread! I loved this simple twist from Susan Branch's website and have had it so many times for many, many get-togethers. Here's the recipe card I made using her graphics on the site: This uses the corn meal, and also basic canned items that we should be getting for our three month storage. I've never tried it with the syrup, but we often have it with our dinner meals and the kids always ask for seconds.

Do you have a great food storage recipe to share? Please e-mail it to me at waay2busy (at) hotmail (dot) com. And we'll post it for one of the week's! :)