The first post is about the grocery produce. I usually only buy my produce at Sunflower Market. I love their store layout and Wednesdays are double ad days (where last week's and next's weeks ads over lap), so Wednesday is usually the only day I go there. Most weeks their produce is as good (if not better) of a deal than the other grocery stores right by us. You can check their weekly ads here. Looking thru them, these are the things that jumped out at me.
Last week's Ad (if you want these deals, you have to go tonight or tomorrow):
- Blueberries - 99 cents each
- Potatoes (10 lb. bag) - $2
- Pineapples - 99 cents each
- Baby carrots - $2 for 2 lbs.
- Broccoli Crowns - 88 cents each
- Pork sausage - $1.97 / lb. - this is a fun treat for us with bbq season
- Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts - $1.67/lb. - This is an awesome, awesome deal! I will probably stock up on a good 20-30 lbs and individually freeze them. It will cost more this week, but save me a TON in the long run.
- Tomatoes on the vine - 99 cents / lb.
- Raspberries - 99 cents / lb.
- Nectarines - 67 cents / lb.
- Cauliflower - $1.50 each
- Celery - 49 cents each
- Cucumbers - 50 cents each
- Green Bell Peppers - 50 cents each
- Limes - 10/$1
Their produce is always really fresh and I love stocking up on a good amount of produce and then "struggling" to use it all up each week.